[lug] RAID 5 to RAID 1

Paul Nowosielski Paul at danamusic.com
Mon Jun 23 13:50:17 MDT 2003

The raid 5 array was setup with 3 80gig drives.
I wanted 2 mirrored and 1 stripping drive but set up raid 5 thinking
this was what I wanted.
There is only about 5 gigs used for the whole FS.

This server is been in ~test~ production. I have  qmail, tinyDNS imapd,
vpop,tripwire, etc etc installed and working perfectly/ well tested.

So I really don't want to loose the great install setup I have.
But, I don't want to run drives that are not mirrored either..

So I'm tarring it all now, I think after un-tarring to a new and
identical server I should be able to adjust /etc/raid tab for the
changes and reboot.

Does this sound logical??

thanks!

-P