[lug] CPU tester, Disk tester

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue Jul 1 15:03:27 MDT 2003

badblocks can do some basic disk tests.  I doubt the disk is at fault,
however.  When I've had bad drives, Linux stays up and tells me about
it.

Has this system run other operating systems before?  Did they have
problems?

It might be a heat problem.
It could also be a power problem.  Not enough power or unstable power.

Compiling the Linux kernel is how I've stress tested the CPU and hard
drives in the past.