[lug] G40 Series Thinkpad Problems-- SOLVED !!!

Frederic Herman fherman at inferential.com
Sun Jul 13 15:24:08 MDT 2003

I dug into the supplied software from Broadcom.  I found that one of the
.h files refers to memory address, but that they were not in the ranges
reported by /rpoc/bios.  So I changed the base address of all thge
defined addresses, recompiled the driver, qand it loaded.  I then
brought up the interface, and it worked.  I need to put together
something for the linux-laptops web site I guess.

Thanks to everyone for looking at this.  My next adventure will be to
get the apm/acpi to work properly.

Fred