[lug] Wireless networking

Kenneth D. Weinert mc at quarter-flash.com
Thu Jul 17 09:37:01 MDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 11:21:32AM -0400, Hugh Brown wrote:

> > root at laptop ~ # cardctl status
> > Socket 0:
> >   3.3V CardBus card
> >   function 0: [ready]
> > root at laptop ~ # cardctl ident
> > Socket 0:
> >   no product info available
> > root at laptop ~ #  cardctl info
> > PRODID_1=""
> > PRODID_2=""
> > PRODID_3=""
> > PRODID_4=""
> > MANFID=0000,0000
> > FUNCID=255

	I have a somewhat similiar problem - during boot the card
isn't recognized except as some sort of generic memory card (mine is a
lucent card with the agere systems chip on it).

	I found that after booting if I "eject" the card (virtual
ejection, it's a mini-pci format card) and "insert" it again it gets
recognized. It appears to be some sort of sequence problem. (Warning:
cheesy workaround inserted)

	At the end of my boot up procedure I just added a script that
uses cardctl to eject and insert the card, after which the card is
recognized.

	HTH, but YYMV.

   .--.     Ken Weinert   mc at quarter-flash.com
  |o_o |
  ||_/ |    303-452-6603  (on the national no-call list :)
 //   \ \
(|     | )  GnuPG: 9274F1CE  GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/
\___)=(___/ 1D87 3720 BB77 4489 A928  79D6 F8EC DD76 9274 F1CE
Be yourself. Especially, do feign affection. neither be cynical about love;
for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.