[lug] just moved to boulder, need advice on local computer stores

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Thu Jul 17 22:20:57 MDT 2003

Paul E Condon wrote:

> The subject line says it. I've just moved to Boulder area (Lafayette)
> from northern California. I knew where to go there when I needed a NIC
> or a CAT 5 cable, or a HD. Where is a good place to go for such stuff
> here?
>
> TIA

You can get high quality solid Cat 5E cable for around $60 for 1000 feet
at Rexel Colotex in Longmont, on South Main St. If you are wiring in a
house, and not making jumper cables, it is definitely the best price per
foot on the front range, short of being a contractor. They also have all
the face plates and other wiring components for a building.

For a NIC I just get the Linksys from Circuit City at Pearl and 28th.
You can buy them cheaper via the Internet, but the price difference
might not matter in this case. For hard drives, I'd either check out
CADCO in Louisville, or order it over the Internet...very unlikely that
you'll get a good price locally compared to the Internet.

For some simple cable items, such as adapters or short jumpers, you
might try CompUSA or Circuit City locally...prices are better by Internet.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net