[lug] Fuel to the Fire

Jeff Morton syb3d at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 07:56:15 MDT 2003

The study was funded by Microsoft.  You get what you pay for.

ljp <ljp at llornkcor.com> wrote:On Friday 18 July 2003 03:51 pm, Bill Wimsatt wrote:
> No comments yet, but I thought this group would care to comment on the
> following...
>
> "..embedded system manufacturers on average take 76% longer and spend
> over 300% more to develop and bring to market embedded systems using
> Embedded Linux as compared to Microsoft Windows Embedded..."
>
> From: http://www.embeddedforecast.com/
>

> Regards,
> Bill Wimsatt

Obviously he never heard of the openzaurus or openembedded build systems.
http://www.openzaurus.org
http://www.openembedded.org

With $0, the work of a few volunteers creating these buildsystems projects,
and perhaps a week or do of my time adding custom packages, I created a fully
working rom for the zaurus c700.
BAH.. that guy is a FUD farmer.

ljp

--
My cat's a debugger....

Potter, Lorn, "ljp"
core developer / Web Administrator
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org
IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de

llornkcor at handhelds.org
llornkcor at helixcommunity.org

Join us on IRC: lug.boulder.co.us port=6667 channel=#colug

Jeff Morton
Home: 303 673 9258
Work: 720 479 1495