[lug] Problems returning from sleep on redhat 9 (TEXT)

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Jul 21 13:56:19 MDT 2003

On Monday 21 July 2003 03:34 pm, Jason Vallery wrote:
> Sorry for my disregard of etiquette and posting that last message in
> HTML. Here it is in text. Thanks

NP.  It actually came in as plain text for me, anyway.

> The video card in this machine is an ATI Radeon Mobility 7500, redhat
> detected the card during install and seemingly setup the drivers in X
> for it properly. Other than this one problem video seems to work great
> with no problems (including hardware acceleration).

I don't have any solutions, sorry, but a question.  I'm looking for a
laptop that can display separately and simultaneously on the LCD and
external monitor ports and I've heard that maybe the ATI Radeon Mobility
can do this.  Have you tried to do this?  (Note I mean that both displays
show at the same time but with different content a la Xinerama, not just
simultaneous display).

If I can find a laptop that'll do that I can move my boss and some others
onto Linux, a result devoutly to be wished.

Michael