[lug] Cable and Samba

Gregory Haggquist gwh at traptek.com
Wed Jul 23 08:05:55 MDT 2003

I have a RedHat 9.0 system connected to the internet via DSL from Qwest. I
have routed ports 137-139 to the proper locations on my end. Two of my users
want to access the Samba Server from their Cable Internet connection. When
they have used a DSL connection to access the Samba Server there are no
problems, but when they use the same computer with same settings using the
cable connection they can not access the server name. I contacted the Cable
company and they state only port 80 is open, ports 137-139 are closed on
their end. I am assuming this is the problem, is there any way around this
issue other than changing ISPs.

Regards,

Greg Haggquist
gwh at traptek.com