[lug] Cable and Samba

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jul 23 16:05:36 MDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 08:05:55AM -0600, Gregory Haggquist wrote:
>cable connection they can not access the server name. I contacted the Cable
>company and they state only port 80 is open, ports 137-139 are closed on
>their end. I am assuming this is the problem, is there any way around this
>issue other than changing ISPs.

Clearly you need to set up these client machines via a VPN so that they
can route whatever packets they want over the connection to your
machine.  If they're running Winders, CIPE may be a good option since
it's available on both Linux and Winders.  PPTP is another option, but
can be a bit more complicated to deal with.

Sean
--
 Your e-mail has been returned due to insufficient voltage.
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/