[lug] Organizing against SCO?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jul 23 16:11:53 MDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 01:56:56AM -0700, Jeffrey Siegal wrote:
>both of which are already being done, I don't see a whole lot more.
>SCO's reputation *within* the Linux community is totally shot at this
>point without any organized effort against them, so there isn't a whole
>lot to be done on that front.

I'm not so concerned about the SCO reputation in the Linux community as
I am about the Linux reputation in the non-Linux community.  I would
imagine that this foo-fah is making some people think twice about
converting things to Linux, which is certainly hurting the Linux
community.

I'm wondering if there's something like the Dept of Commerce or a
"restraining order" or something that would be appropriate to try to get
SCO to "put up or shut up".  That sort of thing is what I'm thinking.

Sean
--
 A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
 On my desk I have a workstation...