[lug] loading module

Javier Govea jgovea at magma.ca
Wed Jul 23 18:41:29 MDT 2003

Hi guys,

I just compiled the iptables LKM and i'm getting an annoying problem. I need to masquerade
some traffic and when i use my just compiled iptables modules i cannot access internet.
Any ideas on why my iptables LKMs may not been working??????

Here are two issues i found:

1. "depmod -a" is giving this: (i'm only one message but i'm getting the same thing for
all iptables modules)

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.20-8/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_MASQUERADE.o

how do i fix this???????

2. "modprobe ipt_MASQUERADE" is giving this error (all other modules seem to be loading
properly):

modprobe: Too deep recursion in module dependencies!
modprobe: Circular dependency? ip_nat_core ip_nat_proto_udp ip_conntrack ip_tables
ipt_MASQUERADE
Aborted (core dumped)

how do i fix this problem????????

I actully don't know if any of these two issues are my problem. The iptables that comes
with redhat gives me the same error i'm describing in 2. But if i insert the redhat module
with "insmod" then i can access internet. If insert my own modules with insmod I still
cannot access the net.

I'm also getting the same problem i'm describing 1 with an NTFS module i compiled. But my
NTFS module seems to be working properly. so...i'm all confused...please any help is very
much appreciated...

Many thanks to all