[lug] Moving to Boulder area...how's broadband?

Brad Doctor bdoctor at ps-ax.com
Mon Jul 28 08:42:59 MDT 2003

If you go to an outlying area, I highly recommend that you contact IonSky:
www.ionsky.com

They do 802.11b, and I have an installation that spans 4 miles and provides
1M down and 256 up.  I moved to Coal Creek Canyon from Broomfield in July.
I had DSL for three years through Speakeasy and I have to say, the connection
through IonSky is actually *better* than my old DSL line!  They will do a free
site survey to see if you are eligible.

I use my home machines remotely all day, 5dpw.  I have yet to experience a
single hiccup.  I am truly amazed :)

-brad

> Hi all,
>
> Looks like I'll be moving soon to the Boulder area from Fort Collins and
> have been pondering the idea of trying to rent a place in one of the
> outlying towns a few miles from Boulder, like Lyons, Nederland, Ward,
> Lefthand Canyon area, etc.  Anyone know what internet options I'd have
> available out in such areas?
>
> Also, If I decide to go somewhere within Boulder itself, how well-wired
> is the town for cable broadband and such?  (I've had cable through AT&T for
> a long while now here in Ft.Collins and am very pleased with it.)  Are there
> any areas that you're aware of that are definately no-nos for cable or DSL
> home broadband?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Neil

Brad Doctor, CISSP