[lug] Linux from Windows

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Mon Jul 28 12:49:24 MDT 2003

I will echo Nate's recommendation to use Cygwin.  The X server can use
XDMCP to get a GUI login to the Linux box, or one can just tunnel X
sessions through an SSH session (using Cygwin OpenSSH or PuTTY).  XDMCP
is usually disabled and will need to be enabled if you want an actual X
login prompt and desktop when you login.  There is a FAQ at Cygwin that
will tell you how to enable it.  I've always found SSH tunneling suits
my needs.

-Rob