[lug] GRUB

Stephen Queen svq at peakpeak.com
Tue Jul 29 11:37:07 MDT 2003

I am working on an embedded system that has 2 hard drives, hda and hdb.
There is only one partition on each. They are both on ide0. hda is the
master, hdb is the slave. I would like to install grub such that if hda
is missing hdb will boot. If hda is present, then the system boots from
it. I believe that the bios supports this. If it does, how do I setup
grub so that this will occur? I have no problem installing it on hda, it
is hdb that doesn't seem to work. Is this even possible?

Thanks,
Steve