[lug] C extensions of PostgreSQL

Kenneth D. Weinert mc at quarter-flash.com
Wed Aug 6 07:39:03 MDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 06:29:26AM -0600, D. Stimits wrote:
> I'm trying to write a C function for PostgreSQL on RH 7.3 (KRUD), and
> running into a problem. The C code must apparently link against a
> library that provides functions "CurrentMemoryContext" and
> "MemoryContextAlloc" (probably due to palloc). I've been digging around
> with nm and fail to find it. I'm currently linking as:
>   -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lpq -ldl

Mind you, I know nothing about this, but a bit of googling brought
up the following links which may or may not be useful:

http://www.faqchest.com/prgm/pgsql-l/pgsql-99/pgsql-9911/pgsql-991102/pgsql99110500_01856.html

http://www.faqchest.com/prgm/pgsql-l/pgsql-00/pgsql-0010/pgsql-001035/pgsql00101809_15133.html

Most of the links I saw made it seem like this was a problem that was
Solaris specific, so these links could be totally useless.

   .--.     Ken Weinert   mc at quarter-flash.com
  |o_o |
  ||_/ |    303-452-6603  (on the national no-call list :)
 //   \ \
(|     | )  GnuPG: 9274F1CE  GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/
\___)=(___/ 1D87 3720 BB77 4489 A928  79D6 F8EC DD76 9274 F1CE
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking
what nobody has thought. -- Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi