[lug] The SCO IP License.. where do I click?

Scott Herod herod at dimensional.com
Wed Aug 6 09:24:54 MDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 00:33, Joseph McDonald wrote:
> What a freekin buzzkill. Linus has said that there are no
> SCO IP problems. Either there are, or there aren't. It's
> getting kind of absurd; license it for 700$ per CPU. puke.

I liked the line:

"Because the SCO license authorizes run-time use only, customers also
comply with the General Public License, under which Linux is distributed."

Seriously though, one would hope that at least the market would be unkind
to nonsense like this.  Unfortunately, notice the trend shown in:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SCOX&d=c&t=1y&l=on&z=b&q=l

I don't know whether that's an indication that I should just get out of
the market completely or invest more.