[lug] The SCO IP License.. where do I click?

Joseph McDonald joem at uu.net
Wed Aug 6 09:59:31 MDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 09:27:30AM -0600, Wagner, Carl wrote:

> The cynic in me believes that Microsoft is somehow involved in this.

Yea, something like that. This is from SCO's FAQ on the subject:

 Q: What does SCO recommend that commercial Linux users do?
 A: We encourage customers to get opinion of counsel and then
    reevaluate their Linux-based initiatives.

Hmm. They don't suggest you buy a lisence from them, they
suggest reevaluate using Linux. It's totally war and MS is
pretty ruthless.

	--joey