[lug] The SCO IP License.. where do I click?

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 11:04:52 MDT 2003

Glenn Ashton wrote:

> I think perhaps it is time to hit SCO with a class action lawsuit.
>
> I don't think anyone thinks of this as a real attempt to protect IP, I
> feel pretty strongly that this is a cynical attempt on SCO's part to
> either wreck Linux or get bought for an inflated price.
>
> Anyone who runs Linux or participates in open source development of the
> Linux kernel has been threatened and harmed by SCO's as yet
> unsubstantiated claims.  Anyone who has forked over case to protect
> themselves in the absence of a court finding ought to be able to recover
> after this mess is sorted out.
>
> Any legal eagles on the list?

One of our panels for presentation at a BLUG meeting was an IP attorney
that has dealt with GPL. Perhaps he could be talked into another
presentation based on this issue? He has said at later dates (I ran into
him at CU law school) that he would like to do more presentations. His
first presentation was one of the biggest meeting groups we'd had in a
while, I suspect talking abou the SCO fud would be even bigger.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net