[lug] C extensions of PostgreSQL

B Giles bldrbear at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 14:01:13 MDT 2003

It can't be that simple if you need to palloc some memory!

Have you considered grabbing the source for the various contributed
packages?  It may be faster to see how other user-defined functions were
written than to go through the PostgreSQL core software.

Just say clear of user-defined types.  My code worked (in 7.1), but it was
scary. Lots and lots of nested macros.