[lug] OT: Tape Drive Rental

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Thu Aug 7 15:46:22 MDT 2003

This is not really a Linux question, although the system in question IS
running Linux. :-)  I'm hoping for some good advice anyway...

I'm working on a disaster recovery plan.  I have to assume the building
is gone, the machines are all vaporized, and all I have is this one
precious little Travan 20 GB tape.

For the recovery plan, I'm recommending the purchase of new equipment,
since it'll be better than anything we're using now, but the tape drive
gives me a problem.  Travan tape drives can't be found in CompUSA and I
don't want to put in my plan: "Wait for Joe's Computer Parts to deliver
tape drive in 10 days...if it's in stock."  After such a disaster I
don't want another Travan drive anyway.  AIT or DLT would be much
better!

Does anyone know of a business in Colorado that would rent out tape
drives?  Maybe a data recovery place?  It seems like such a good idea
that I'm sure someone must do it...

Thanks for any help!
--
Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org>