[lug] Config help needed with mailman and qmail

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Aug 11 14:26:06 MDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 03:26:02PM -0600, Michael Deck wrote:
>I've been running qmail and mailman happily for a while but now I'm
>trying to add some virtual domains in addition to a "real" domain on

You probably want to set up your lists under the "lists" domain name
("lists.cleansoft.net") and/or forwarding the mail for the lists aliases
to "mailman-<whatever>@<hostname-in-locals>".  That way the messages for
the list addresses go to the mailman user.  The nice thing about the
lists.* address is that you can just set up a virtualdomains entry that
forwards them to the mailman user.  That way you don't have to do
anything to set up aliases for new lists and the like.

You *HAVE* read the "README.QMAIL" file included with Mailman, right?
The last set of patches I submitted for it I believe made it fairly
clear how to set things up to work nicely with qmail.  If there are any
issues there or things you don't understand about it, let me know and
I'll see about getting the readme changed.

Sean
--
 If you don't have time to do it right, when will you ever find time to do
 it over?