[lug] since we all love and respect M$ so much ...

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 10:42:12 MDT 2003

>>>>> "Dhruva" == Dhruva B Reddy <bdhruva at gmx.net> writes:

Dhruva> Now, I like to see M$ squeal as much as the next person, but since this
Dhruva> involves software patents, I don't know how to react.  Most
Dhruva> confusing...head about to explode...

I think software patents are a larger threat to free software, and a
bigger impediment to writing code, than MS.  It isn't necessary to
support MS to realize that even they can be the victims of bad policy
-- and that is what software patents are.

There are plenty of resources out there on the net explaining the many
bad effects of software patents.  Eben Moglen's paper is an
entertaining read; I recommend it as a starting point.

Tom