[lug] OT: vnc

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Wed Aug 13 17:08:08 MDT 2003

>>>>> "Hugh" == Hugh Brown <hugh at math.byu.edu> writes:

Hugh> Walk back to my linux box, test the connection and everything is
Hugh> happy.  I then walk back to the Windows box and log it out.  I
Hugh> try to connect to Windows box again with vncviewer and I get the
Hugh> Authentication Failed error message again.

Hugh> I have tried both TightVNC and RealVNC and have gotten the same
Hugh> results in both cases.

I don't know if this will fix it, but at least RealVNC has a user
password (used when the service is running by / for that user) and a
"default" password.  The properties reachable from the systray icon
are typicall those for the current user; to change the default (again,
under RealVNC) you have to use Start -> Programs -> RealVNC -> VNC
Server -> Show Default Properties (or similar).

Changing the default password should allow you to access the login
screen.

Good luck,
t.