[lug] colo at home info

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Thu Aug 14 17:21:21 MDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 17:02, B Giles wrote:
> 1) Comcast only seems to have "comcast pro" as an option, which is really no
> improvement over standard service.  I'm sure it's great if you're a gamer,
> but it's in the same residential block of IP addresses so you'll have some
> of your services blocked, you don't have a static IP address ("persistent IP
> address" is not the same), etc.  Colocated systems need faster uploads, not
> faster downloads, and 5 persistent IP addresses (which are tied to a MAC
> address so you can't easily stack them on a single piece of hardware) isn't
> any better than one.

Comcast is on the black list, might wanna be careful. I found out the
hard way while on a working vacation and connected to a comcast account
in Maryland. Unfortunately my client wasn't bouncing messages from their
own domain (or it looped), so a few days later they were wondering why I
wasn't replying. I tried from my normal account and got the bounce.

When I entered in my IP, I was referred to this page:

http://mail-abuse.org/dul/

John

--
John Starkey