[lug] Rack for colo coop?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Aug 15 19:14:35 MDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 08:12:05AM -0600, Rob Nagler wrote:
>100mbps?  Or burstable 100mps with 1mbps included in the price and

100mbps.  You can get 1gbps for $30,000/month.

>I don't know anybody that will offer
>100mbps continuous for anything less than $100/mbps (without the rack

Now you do.

>and starting at around 50mbps continuous).  I run several commercial
>services, and they aggregate to less than 1mbps.

Yep, that's the problem.  If you have 3 users each using 1mbps, it's not
such a hot deal...

>I am with ViaWest, and I have two racks with 10mbps burstable.  I'm
>not quoting prices, because I probably can't but I can note had a
>competitive bid from Inflow.

When I last looked, Inflow net+rack for 1mbps of bandwidth was more like
$1k.  I guess we've got a pretty sweet spot where we are now, but the
only really tempting offer out there for us is Cogent.

Sean
--
 "No more rhymes now, I mean it!"  "Anybody want a peanut?"
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/