[lug] colo at home info

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun Aug 17 15:36:43 MDT 2003

Frank Whiteley wrote:>
> However, that's not the way they engineered their DSL system and as you may
> know, they don't offer it over Qwest facility provided to McLeod or other
> CLECs.  It's their game and their rules, PUC can't touch it under current
> policy.  Your alternative may be through an ISP offering New Edge Networks,
> with no dial tone and none offered, and you may be able to add VOIP before
> long.  It is more expensive, but it's also lower latency and SDSL.  A 768K
> SDSL really rocks, both ways.
>
> Frank Whiteley

This so-called "engineering" is smoke and mirrors in this context,
really.  It's just their provisioning database.  Nothing about the
DSLAM's or any of the other equipment they're using requires dial-tone
be on the line.

SDSL is good stuff, but expensive -- had Rhythms SDSL out near C-470 &
Ken-Caryl Road years ago before they went under and I moved.

And... if PUC can't say that a non-regulated service can't require a
regulated one be installed, then you're right... voting with my wallet
will be the only way to go eventually.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com