[lug] Redhat Enterprise Linux

efm at tummy.com efm at tummy.com
Mon Aug 18 15:55:12 MDT 2003

* On 2003-08-18 15:28 John Hernandez <John.Hernandez at noaa.gov> wrote:

> I'm trying to get more details about this, but the Red Hat web site seems
> unreachable at the moment.  Will Red Hat provide security patches for older
> standard releases (such as 7.3) after December?  Are the Enterprise versions
> subject to any license restrictions other than those that apply to the
> Community distro?  If I want a free OS to last several years on a stable
> server, is it time to switch distros?

As far as I know, Red Hat is discontinuing support for all 'personal'
distributions prior to 9 (8, 7.3, 7.2, 7.1...) in December 2003.

Support for their more expensive distributions will be available longer.

I have no idea what the license differences are between their distribution
versions.

We're contemplating offering updates to Red Hat 8 and 7.3 after Red Hat End
Of Life. So, you're welcome to switch to KRUD.

                            http://www.tummy.com/