[lug] Redhat Enterprise Linux

Jeffrey Siegal jbs at quiotix.com
Mon Aug 18 16:51:20 MDT 2003

Hugh Brown wrote:
> Right now I have most of the servers at 8.0 or 9 (at least I am
> transitioning to new hardware and they will have one or the other).  I
> haven't decided what I am going to do.  I will probably do rpm rebuild
> once 8 is obsolete for the servers.  For the workstations, I may just
> deal with the churn and upgrade a lot.

It remains to be seen what your upgrade options will be.  Red Hat has
cancelled future commercial versions of their (non-enterprise)
distribution and pushed the platform to the "Red Hat Linux Project"
which is supposed to be an open source project sort of like Mozilla.  It
is still very unclear how this will shake out.