[lug] CD rip/encode

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Tue Aug 26 08:44:37 MDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 17:53, Peter Hutnick wrote:
> I need to make backups and PC based copies of my CD collection.
<snip>

Looking around, I'm surprised there isn't a very good way to do this via
shell script.  Currently, I use grip+cdrecord/xcdroast.  Grip does
everything you ask regarding encoding with one button, but it can't be
used on a command line.  To copy CDs, I use xcdroast as everyone else
seems to.

The ugly step is that CDDB bit.  I know that cdda2wav is supposed to be
able to grab CDDB info, but I've never gotten it to work.  That would
probably be the crux of any script.

Let me know if you find a good script.

Matt

--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good