[lug] RH 9.0 - LSI Logic Fibre Channel - XRaid

Matthew Snelham infinite at sigalrm.com
Sat Aug 30 16:32:46 MDT 2003

On 29 Aug 2003 08:36 PM or thereabouts, jef vratny wrote:
> Here's my questions.
>
> 1) How do you mount a device on a fibre channel under linux? I'd RTFM,
> but can't find one for this particular subject.

Assuming your Xraid is already configured...

Basically, just plug in your fiber, modprobe your FC driver module, and
watch your dmesg log.

Generally, when the FC driver is loaded, it detects the availible LUNs on
the fiber loop.  These LUNs will then be presented as SCSI devices
(i.e. LUN 1 == /dev/sdb, LUN 2 == /dev/sdc, and so on).  From there, you
can partition and format those disk slices like any other bit of disk.

> 2) Has anybody on the list done anything even remotely like this?

Well, not with an Xraid.  Look forward to hearing how it turns out!

--Matthew
infinite at sigalrm.com

--
   "I've been talking to dead rabbits and feeding bloody walls.
    I've done horrifying things with salad tongs.