[lug] Boredom Post: How many new lists?

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Sun Aug 31 10:35:05 MDT 2003

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 at 10:14 -0600, The Matt soliloquized thusly:
> So, it looks like someone with my address out there has Sobig.F.  That's
> kind of annoying.  More annoying, though, is that they apparently have a
> hojillion different mailing list subscription addresses in their address
> book as well.
>
> I received about 70 messages in the last 24 hours and 60 of them were
> from majordomos or the like.  And, unfortunately, some of them seemed to
> be confirm-free subscribes.  Yay!  Any guesses as to how many new lists
> I'm on?
>
> This all just makes me so happy to be a Linux user...and wish everyone
> else was as well.

Amen to that!  Here, I was feeling all smug for largely avoiding
this mess.  Then, I remembered my parents :-(  They're running W2K
because they need QuickBooks (doesn't run under WINE--I tried).
I applied service pack 4 yesterday, and it broke QuickBooks and Norton
Antivirus!

I'll never understand why people put up with this nonsense.

-d