[lug] Is Zope ready for prime time?

Steve Sullivan sullivan at mathcom.com
Sun Sep 7 08:46:13 MDT 2003

Hi,

I'm beginning a complex web site for a financial instution's
internal processing.  Reliability and security are big priorities.

It will run on linux.
My two big contenders for web software platform are ...

1. Tomcat, Java, JSP: tried and true, reliable, secure.
   But slow development time.

2. Zope, Python: Very fast development time, but is it reliable?
   I notice at zope.org there are a handful of big Zope sites.
   But as I run through the tutorials the Zope server seems to hang
   every hour or so, requiring a restart ... not especially encouraging.

My preference would be Zope, for ease of development.
Do you have experience ... is Zope reliable and secure?

Many thanks,

Steve

Steve Sullivan    sullivan at mathcom.com

   Mathcom Solutions Inc.: Custom Software Development.
    * Mathematical optimization, simulation, and modeling.
    * Data mining, information retrieval.
    * Java, XML, C++, Mathematica, Matlab, XSLT, XQuery, SOAP, RMI, ...

http://www.mathcom.com    303-494-7115