[lug] Query: Turning off XFS

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Tue Sep 9 15:07:44 MDT 2003

The Matt wrote:

> OK, folks, an odd thought I had.  I currently run XFce4 (pure GTK2) on
> RH 9 and everything but xmms is GTK2.  So, I was wondering, would
> turning off xfs bork my whole system, or just xmms?
>
> I guess I'm too chicken to try it right now, but I figured someone out
> there might have done it.  I'm guessing it shouldn't be too bad since my
> Gentoo box doesn't run xfs (as near as I know).
>
> Matt

All I can do is guess, but it would probably mean that *if* you readjust
the font information for font paths instead of the font server, then you
would lose anti-aliased fonts but still run fine otherwise. If you fail
to set a proper font path X11 should fail to start at all.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net