[lug] CD rip/encode

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Fri Sep 12 15:44:55 MDT 2003

Nate Duehr said:

> Remember?  That's what scripts are for!  Heh...

dupecd.sh (uh . . ) /is/ a shell script.

> I must be missing something important here...  That sounds like a (less
> than) one line shell script?
>
>> Like I said on the page, I'm looking for "just right."
>
> #!/bin/sh
> cdrdao copy --(whatever the keepimage switch options are); cdrdao
> copy --(whatever the switch options are to use the image)
> rm imagefile
>
> Call it... "burn-two-cds.sh"  ;-)

Sometimes I want one or three copies.  Sometimes my CDR drive moves from
1,0,0 to 0,0,0 (due to some freakishness in the USB storage module as far
as I can tell).

Oh, and I am trying to improve my shell scripting skills.  I'm not working
in the tech field right now and sometimes I have to make stuff up in order
to keep learning/stay sharp.

Anyway, I don't have to justify myself to you :-P'

-Peter