[lug] Just in case anyone doubts Microsoft is totally clueless...

bill ehlert ehlert_b at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 03:55:00 MDT 2003

> I just tried to check my hotmail account.  Over
> 500 messages.
> Most seem to be spam.
>
> And

> am
>
> expected

> click
>
> on
>
> each
>
> one
>
> of
>
> those
>
> 5
>
> 0
>
> 0
>
> messages
>
> individually

> delete
>
> them.
>
> There's no "delete all," and the FAQ and
> similar links just

    <snip>

**  i'm sorry to be the bearer of bad
    tidings (no pun intended) but i just
    visited my hotmail acct and cleared
    out the junk and it was quick and easy.

    in folders other than bulk (ie, spam)
    instead of clicking each item, go up
    to the top of the page and click the
    box that's just above the column of
    check-boxes for each item ; this causes
    all the check boxes to be checked ;
    then press the  [delete]  button ;
    all the items are removed to the
    trash folder for deletion later.

    in the  bulk  folder it's even
    easier ; there's an  [empty folder]
    button ; when you click it, it
    confirms that you do want to permanently
    delete every item in the folder and
    then performs a one-step deletion  -- ie,
    makes 'em all permanently disappear
    right now
    instead of putting 'em in the trash
    folder to be deleted later.