[lug] cisco 675

Mr Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Sat Sep 20 10:36:13 MDT 2003

Oh, you can configure the heck out of the thing.  The problem is that
the configuation doesn't "take effect" until you can contact your ISP.

If the modem won't train, you are not in contact with your ISP, and the
config doesn't do any good.  Basically, when it's trained, it means the
connection is up, and you should be trading packets with your ISP (and
then the Internet).

It's like with a regular modem.  If you keep hearing the beeps, and not
the "staticy" noise, both modems are not communicating.

Viggy