[lug] Google

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Sun Sep 21 15:40:39 MDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 15:30, Jeffrey Siegal wrote:
> The Matt wrote:
> > In re the conversions, for what I'm guessing is an exec of units, I
> > still can't get the calculator to convert in energies.  You know "N meV
> > in hartrees" or the like.
>
> It does know "million electron volts" but not "mev" and it doesn't seem
> to know hartrees.

Actually, it does know meV (milli-, I work with diatomic molecules, not
exploding nuclei :).  Enter in, say, 1.5 meV and it comes out with
millielectronvolts in Joules.  I am impressed it catches the case of the
prefix.
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good