[lug] Fedora *MEETS* KRUD comments wanted

Joseph McDonald joem at uu.net
Wed Sep 24 15:44:41 MDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 03:20:26PM -0600, Peter Hutnick wrote:
> Michael J. Hammel said:
> > On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 12:52, Joseph McDonald wrote:
> > Keep in mind that Fedora offers an entry point for small businesses to
> > offer the same kind of operation as RHEL but to smaller clients and at
> > lower costs.  Its just a matter of being clever enough to find a way to
> > offer the managed services.  KRUD is an example of this option
> > currently.
> >
> >> There's sure to be a stigma associated with running a testing branch
> >> in production.
> >
> > Possibly.  If there is, there is always RHEL and KRUD.
>
> Back in August Evelyn Mitchell said:
> > Many of the core reasons for doing KRUD, such as slow or non-existent
> > Internet connections have gone away over the last several years.
>
> What a difference a day makes.

You are so right.. The time is right for an article in LJ trumpeting the
value of KRUD and how the utilities can be installed and used to keep a
system current.. It's pretty clear that Fedora is going to be a non-production
(READ: non-stable) release and someone needs to come in and fill that gap
for all the users like me. Even the apt and yum repository maintainers
haven't decided if they're going to keep going with errata, etc.

Why not ask esr to write an article about it..

	--joey