[lug] LabVIEW-on-Linux question

David A. Merritt dmerritt at dimensional.com
Thu Sep 25 10:24:24 MDT 2003

Hello, group.

I'm using NI LabVIEW (LV) on Linux and am trying to get LV
to talk to a USB-to-RS422 converter via the VISA device interface.
Does anyone on the list have LV-on-Linux experience?

Here are some details:

Linux:  RH 7.3, up to date on RPM's
LV: 6.1
USB converter box: Edgeport/2i

Linux see's the box (with io_ti module) and will talk to it via
/dev/usb/ttyUSBx correctly.  LV, when told to map the
/dev/usb/ttyUSB0 device to a VISA device see's it, but when told to
write a string to it, I get an I/O error code (generic code; no real
info).

NI/LV dev zone site is no help.

Any suggestions?  Ed Hill, have you done this?

Thanks,
-dam

--

David A. Merritt