[lug] intrusion systems

Kyle Moore kmoore at mooreimages.com
Thu Sep 25 11:27:25 MDT 2003

This is a late post but I would recommend the pig (Snort). I have a
bunch of Cisco IDS devices of different models and would totally go with
Snort if I had to do it again. For me, the ACID interface with Snort and
MySQL would give virtually everything I get from Cisco. BTW...Cisco now
uses Linux as the OS for their IDS devices. Now if they would just
re-write CiscoWorks as a good Java app for Linux I would be all set.

- Kyle