[lug] XFce4 is out

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Fri Sep 26 02:05:29 MDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 03:18:13PM -0600, The Matt wrote:
> Just an FYI to the list, my favorite DE just hit 4.0.  XFce4 is out of
> the RC cycle and just released the final today.  See for more details:
>
> http://www.xfce.org
> http://www.xfce.org/en/final_notes_en.html
> http://www.xfce.org/en/press_release_en.html
>
> Frankly, if you haven't tried it out and you like a light, but pretty
> (i.e., GTK2) DE, give it a whirl.  You'll be pleasantly surprised.

I actually did after a recent mention on this list. It _does_ look very
nice and shure performs well on my old hardware. The one think that keeps
me from switching to it is the lack (?) of (customizable) keyboard short-
cuts. I currently use pekwm, and i can do _everything_ from the keyboard.
Finally a good use for this windows key ;-)
Did i miss some obvious thing or is this really intended?

  Ralf Mattes