[lug] Input needed

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Wed Oct 1 16:49:06 MDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 18:17, jhswope wrote:
> I have the opportunity to create a system for an engineering office of
> 30-45 people.  I am seeking suggestions for hardware (VPN, Firewall).
> And a Linux alternative to MS Exchange Web Access.  Any suggestions for
> VPN and mail server software would be appreciated as well.

In a company that size I have seen a PIX firewall (has vpn and firewall
capabilities).  For web mail, I have seen both squirrelmail and
Horde/IMP used.  Mail server is your favorite MTA (sendmail, postfix,
qmail, exim are popular).  Both web mail programs are just IMAP clients,
so you would need to run an IMAP server as well.

Hugh