[lug] RHEL WS vs ES

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 2 16:25:36 MDT 2003

I just called Red Hat, and maybe I didn't ask the right questions, but
I'm unclear on the differences between WS and ES.  Yes, I see capability
listings under each at the Red Hat site, but I'm unclear if I would be
able to run any ES capability on a WS system.  And more specifically,
would up2date work for a ES only package installed on a WS system?

Specifically I'm thinking about ssh.  OK, now that I'm looking at the ES
capability list again I see that it lists SSL, not SSH.  I don't know if
SSL is required by SSH, but assuming it is, which for the sake of this
post isn't really necessary, but anyway...  If I purchased a WS version
and installed SSL, then a security errata for SSL is released, does
anyone know if up2date would identify SSL on the WS system and update
the package?

Gary