[lug] Diagnostic Testing

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Oct 9 08:30:51 MDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 06:56, Lokesh wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>  I am new to this group. Please can anybody tell me where can I get the
> source code or material for "Diagnostic testing of DRAM,UART loopback,keypad
> and Printer.

Don't know about the others, but memory can be tested using MemTest86:
http://www.memtest86.com/

This doesn't run under Unix.  It actually doesn't make much sense to run
it under Unix either, since you want to get the OS out of the way as
much as possible to test as much memory as possible.  I worked for a
company that ported it to work under Unix, but it had lots of problems.
They didn't release those changes since they were only being used
internally.

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com