[lug] debian with 2.4 kernel

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Thu Oct 9 08:15:10 MDT 2003

Hugh Brown said:

> I don't have any problems with RH 9 or with Debian and a 2.2 kernel.  I
> also don't have any problems under WinXP.  I'm dubious as to the bad
> RAM.
>
> Does KNOPPIX use a 2.4 kernel?

Yes.  From knoppix.com:

   What software is installed on the KNOPPIX-CD?

   The following Highlights are available in version 3.3 of this Debian-based
   (www.debian.org) CD:

   -Linux-Kernel 2.4.x

Please forgive me, I haven't been following this thread that closely.  Are
you trying to upgrade to 2.4 or install a version of Debian that is
natively 2.4?

If it is the former please see the Changes file in your kernel source tree.

-Peter