[lug] Diagnostic Testing

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Oct 10 10:46:01 MDT 2003

--On Thursday, October 09, 2003 10:05:31 AM -0600 Nate Duehr
<nate at natetech.com> wrote:

> In researching mondo (a CD-R/CD-RW backup tool) I found a CD ISO on
> their website somewhere that had memtest86 and some CPU pounding tools
> for pushing hardware to the limits on a "test your hardware" CD they
> put out.
>
> Making a bootable CD with memtest86 is infinitely "do-able", but
> finding one pre-built was kinda a nice surprise the other day... it
> joined the other "Don't Leave Home Without It" CD's in my backpack
> for system recovery/repair/testing.  :-)

Mondo is quite good.  SuSE has memtest86 on their installer CDs as one
of the boot options.  You could request the same for KRUD ;)  That way
you get to save the bulk and weight of another CD in your backpack ;)

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid
Architectural Energy Corporation