[lug] debian setup tool

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Sat Oct 11 20:43:38 MDT 2003

The 2.4.18-386 kernel image worked.  Now I need to get pcmcia working
appropriately (so I can use my wireless card).  When I first installed
debian, I was lead through a number of system configuration items.  I
was told "run foo to revisit this configuration process"  I can't
remember what foo was.  I went looking for debconf (it had stuck in my
mind) and found that debconf isn't actually a command.  I found
dpkg-reconfigure, but you have to know the names of the subsystems ahead
of time.

I did a locate on setup and install and didn't find anything useful.

Along this same vein, what is the debian equivalent to redhat's
chkconfig and service?

Hugh