[lug] postgresql V1 C function extensions on RH 7.3/KRUD 7.3

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Mon Oct 13 07:42:03 MDT 2003

Bear Giles wrote:

> D. Stimits wrote:
>
> > So far I'm linking:
> >  -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lpq -ldl
> > ...these are sufficient for V0 compiles and actual testing.
>

> I'm speaking off the top of my head here, but isn't this the client-side
> stuff?  V0 and V1 are server-side and you don't link to anything, you
> generate a shared library that you load into a running server via
> "define type" and "define function" (iirc).
>
> Bear

I've been trying to link with various libraries the are also used on
client, but this is server side. The reason I am doing that is not
because of the V1 macros, which are covered in the headers, but because
of palloc. I have to use palloc for memory allocation when dealing with
V1 macros, but unfortunately I can't find an implementation of it
anywhere. The signatures of CurrentMemoryContext and MemoryContextAlloc
are referenced by whatever palloc does. So where the heck are palloc and
CurrentMemoryContext and MemoryContextAlloc implemented? Do I have to
link to a .o intermediate object file directly from PostgreSQL source?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net