[lug] Whither Severn?

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Mon Oct 13 13:48:22 MDT 2003

My best luck has come fromusing torrent for big downloads on release day.
From Red Hat today:

 One additional feature provided by the Linux community is the
 availability of SEVERN via BitTorrent.

   http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/severn-binary-iso.torrent

   http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/severn-src-iso.torrent

   RPMS for Red Hat Linux 7.3 through 9 of BitTorrent are available
 from:
   http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/btrpms/

   Usage is simple:
   btdownloadcurses.py --url http://URL.torrent

   Allow incoming TCP 6881 - 6889 to join the torrent swarm.
   http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/