[lug] debian

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Mon Oct 13 17:09:43 MDT 2003

Comments inline...

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 at 18:49 -0400, Hugh Brown soliloquized thusly:
> Is it possible to have stable and testing in /etc/apt/sources.list at
> the same time?

Yep.  Just put in sources for each.  For example:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

> If so, I tried to do an apt-get update after putting the testing in and
> apt konks out complaining about tk8 and not being able to read the
> Packages list.
>
> I'm trying to get a more recent kernel, since the orinoco_cs module in
> 2.4.18 barfs on my wireless card (when it is under heavy network load)
> that is fixed in the 2.4.22 kernel.  I'd also like to get XFree 4.3
>
> Hugh

If you want something from testing, just do

	apt-get install -t testing <package name>

HTH,
-d